Monday, October 24, 2011

Tequila peach pie

My family celebrated Diwali this past weekend. Diwali, as is the case with all Indian festivals, necessarily includes lots of food and sweets. My sweettooth was only willing to oblige. For my part, I decided on peach pie. I had seen pictures of this beautiful peach pie my friend had made, so I couldn't wait to try out a similar arrangement. For recipes, I modified Not without Salt's awesome Tequila peach pie recipe and added some spices. The tequila gave the right amount of kick to the recipe. I was very pleased!


Ingredients: 

Pie crust (see below)
3 peaches
3 tbsp tequila
2 tbsp cornstarch
2 tbsp lime juice
1/4 cup sugar syrup
3 cloves

1. Prepare the pie crust. Bake the pie crust for around 20 minutes at 350 F until brown.

2. Slice peaches into thin pieces and arrange on pie crust. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.


3. Mix in the rest of the wet ingredients and pour over the pie.
4. Preheat oven to 385 F. Bake for 45 minutes.





No comments:

Post a Comment