Monday, October 24, 2011

Vegetable pot pie

I have to admit, I did not know much about pot pies, and they didn't seem too interesting to me, until I had my friend's delicious pot pie that blew my mind away. They are simple, delicious and easy to make, and what can top a great buttery, flakey crust? This particular recipe probably doesn't count as pot pie, necessarily, but was delicious nevertheless. Next time, I would probably add more ingredients to the filling. The filling was rather dry, here.


Ingredients:

Pie crust
2 cups of an assortment of root vegetables- I used carrots, beets and sweet potato
1 Onion
2 cloves, garlic
tarragon

1. To make the pie crust, I followed Martha Stewart's pie crust recipe. 
2. Cut up the vegetables into 1 inch pieces. Cut the onion sideways to give long pieces. Cut up the garlic.
3. Season the vegetables with the tarragon, garlic, and salt and pepper.
4. Roast the vegetables for 30-45 minutes until vegetables are soft at 400 F.
5. Bake the pie crust for 20 minutes until brown.
6. Place roasted vegetables on pie crust and bake for 35 minutes at 385 F.




No comments:

Post a Comment